Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Wot no milk!!

After a few months of troublesome stomach pain and other things you don't really need to know about - I finally went for a 'Food Intolerance' test today.

Result of test - I have a problem with:
Milk       Cheese (gutted)      Coffee (gutted)    Almonds        Beer      and E110

Positive note:    red wine is ok ;)

Having come home and looked in my cupboards I have been surprised how many normal items contain milk - so am rethinking my morning routine lol. Lenny is sceptical about any diagnosis given through electrical pulses but I think I'll give it a go for three weeks and see if it helps.

Anyone else dealt with this kind of thing?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I suppose I have a healthy scepticism of pseudo alternative medicine, but if you take her advice and you feel better, I'll be the first one to approve. :-) I just want you to feel better. :-) XXX

Charlie and Kari said...

Hi Mairi! I smiled at Lenny's comment...he and Charlie would agree :) However, we have been on a journey lately of researching information and making health choices that you won't get from the medical field. (Medicine is good for some things for sure, just not everything having to do with health!) I too have been off of milk because I'm breastfeeding Ellie who has problems with milk products. I can tell you more in an email if you want, but you know what helps digest milk proteins? Papaya enzyme! If eaten (it's yummy too) after a milk product, the enzymes help break down milk proteins. Also, we have raw milk in the fridge for those of us who do drink it...you may find it interesting to google up those two things! I do hope you feel better soon too...I know it's hard to be without our milk products! Kari

Mairi said...

thanks Kari - have been having a wee looky at what you suggested and it's all really interesting! A whole new world of healthy stuff. Hope you guys are well - little Ellie is v cute x