Anniversaries are a funny thing aren’t they – a source of joy and a happy memory celebrated; but often a remembrance of something sad that’s happened which it can hurt to think about........Tomorrow it’ll be three years since my (our) lovely dad died quite suddenly. THREE years! How did that happen? I’m not that old surely? Anyway, it’s led me to do a bit of reflecting on all that’s happened since then, and get back to blogging more regularly.
Of course you may remember, after dad died I decided to resign and have a travelling year – (the very reason I started this blog in the first place) and looking back, it was without doubt the best thing I could have done with myself. I had an amazing time, went to so many great places, caught up with people I love dearly – and had a chance to re-evaluate where my
priorities lay. My time working at the Grammar after the travelling was great fun too – and it was during this time that my relationship with Lenny developed. Towards the end of my time at the Grammar, the way opened up for a job in Glasgow and I moved here in August 2010.Who saw all of this coming? – cause it certainly wasn’t me!
My conclusion – although you never know what life is going to throw at you, and it’s not always what you want/expect, keep your head up and keep believing that things will be better. I try to approach life with my faith in God, trusting that He will look after me. And He always has so far :)
Final philosophical thought (promise all my blogging won’t be like this hahahaha!) – whatever you believe in (faith, fate, God, karma etc) , focussing on what you can change and make better is probably better than getting bogged down with things you can do nothing about. Here endeth today’s sermon – I’ll keep you posted ;)

2 comments:
Hi Mairi
Didn't know you blogged before but I'll be following you now. Maybe we'll even bump into each other sometime. Thank God for happy memories and his guiding hand.
Love
Mark Rushton
x
Good to see another blogger back in action - was stunned that it has been three years since your lovely Dad's funeral. I really must give back the hanky I borrowed!
Post a Comment